Device images are used to add edge devices to your workspace. In your
workspace, you can generate Device Images for specific Edge
Device Types (more precisely for the specific system architectures).
image contains mechanisms for your device to register to your
workspace automatically. If you want to create a new device image, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Deployment > Devices
- Select Device Image List in the right corner
- Select Add Device Type (you will find all available options in the device type list)
- Select the device type you would like to create an image file for and get started
- The status while creating your image file is building and changes to available once the image is ready
- The image creation process can take up to 10 minutes.
- The device image will appear in your device image list and can be downloaded from there
Flash the image to your edge device and the device will magically appear in your workspace, ready to use.