Major Revit plugin update in One Click LCA – 21 January 2019
This is a major update of the One Click LCA Revit plugin which introduces several essential improvements. We encourage updating to this latest version of the plugin
without delay. Support for older plugins stops end of March 2019.
The plugin requires One Click LCA Business or Expert version to work.
- Plugin now available for all Revit versions from 2016 to 2019. Please note that Revit LT does not allow installing plugins.
- User interface is clarified and faster.
- It is possible to choose which Phase of the project to export (if phases are defined). It is only possible to choose one Phase at a time to avoid duplicate materials exporting.
- All types of Revit families now exported, including System Revit Families.
- Family name and Type can be exported as additional information fields.
- Shared parameters (by a group of objects) can be exported as info fields.
- Material thicknesses are exported both in millimeters as well as inches.
Materials mapping screen improvements
- Material filter country allows selecting multiple options.
- All materials show now the country and the publishing EPD program.
- All filters, except database choice, have option “None” and can be reset.
- The view also allows using Isolate Material and Show LCA profile.
- Note: Refresh materials (for mapping) and Show LCA profile require the user to be logged in with a valid One Click LCA user account.
- The materials mapping screen allows now ignoring all layers with zero thickness at once (Skip 2D layers). This allows saving time in review.
Screenshot: materials screen with user mapping a datapoint
Improvements requiring the add-on feature “Carbon data for BIM”
All of these advanced features of the plugin (in this section) require the add-on feature Carbon data for BIM for the user, and that the user is logged in.
Materials screen features with add-on feature “Carbon data for BIM”
If you first go to Results and return to Materials, the materials that the software identified automatically are returned to model with warnings, if applicable. You can edit and override these materials choices.
Screenshot: materials automatically identified materials (using add-on feature)
Results screen features with add-on feature “Carbon data for BIM”
- New feature allows hiding all non-calculated rows. This excludes automatically all rows that have for example a zero thickness or that could not be identified reliably automatically.
- If a result has any warnings associated with it, those are shown.
- New grouping controls allow grouping rows either based on material or category, and allow seeing the totals for all objects in the group. All groups can be collapsed or expanded.
- All rows with results contain carbon intensity (CO2e/m3) and impact quintiles (total CO2e). Quintiles group results to five parts, where quintile 1 has lowest and 5 highest values. These allow sorting and viewing the parts of the model with the highest overall impacts.
- The quintiles can also be used via the quick select dropdowns to choose for example 80 % of total calculated carbon impacts for the project.
- The Isolate material feature can now be used to select any selected group of materials (including 80 % of total carbon impacts).
- The Isolate material updates automatically as choices are toggled.
Screenshot: results screen with materials grouping (using add-on feature) Screenshot: results screen, 80 % of carbon drivers chosen (using add-on feature)
How is One Click LCA updated?
How is the One Click LCA platform updated? One Click LCA is a configuration-driven cloud platform. What this means is that different applications can be easily added and adapted for specific needs without having you as the user having to do a ...
Service update log
23 July 2020 - Significant updates in the Swedish template of the concept phase tool, Carbon Designer Carbon Designer's Swedish template has now 7 new assemblies, 10 additional material alternatives in the existing assemblies, and updated reference ...
Importing is a core process of One Click LCA. It is built on a patent-pending technology for transforming models to life-cycle impact assessments. This page concerns the use of the One Click LCA® in connection with Revit. Make sure you have the ...
Database update log
Data updates 2020 Database numbers show in which week new data was added to the One Click LCA database. The numbers counted in the One Click LCA updates banner might differ slightly when new data planned to be added was enabled earlier or slightly ...
One Click LCA BIM tool & Simplebim integration
In order to import IFC models and start your calculations in One Click LCA, we can provide you with a BIM tool that seamlessly allows you to read and import your models in the web app. Together with the One Click LCA web application, this will enable ...