The KL1550 SMART is a multi-purpose locker lock that supports Public and Private Use, MIFARE based smart cards and NetCode. Programming can be by traditional keypad entry or by a tablet sold separately.
Please read carefully:
• Before installing the lock, install the batteries and familiarise yourself with the operation and programming.
• The handle will not turn until you enter the factory default code:
Master Code 11223344 or the User Code 1234.
• The lock default function is set in Private Use Function, single User Code 1234.
• Select and fit coloured insert (9) with double sided tape supplied.
Installation Guide Steps
A. Replace existing cam lock
1. Remove existing cam lock.
2. Place the template over the hole left by the cam lock and mark the upper and lower fixing holes.
3. Drill the two 6mm (1⁄4") fixing holes.
4. Fit lock to door with gasket in place using fixing bolts. Cut bolts to correct length. Measured from beneath the bolt head, the length should be the cabinet thickness, plus no more than 12mm (1⁄2")
5. From the inside of the door select and fit appropriate cam spindle and cam using cam fixing bolt supplied. The length of cam and spindle selected to suit your door and frame.
6. Before closing the door check the operation of the lock with Master and User Code.
7. If not changed already CHANGE FACTORY SET MASTER AND USER CODE NOW!
8. If not already fitted, select and fit coloured insert (9).
B. New Installation
Place template on door and mark upper and lower 6mm (1⁄4”) fixing holes and 16mm (5⁄8”) spindle hole.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before drilling fixing holes, please ensure the position of the KitLock when fitted will allow enough clearance for selected cam to work.
2. Drill all three fixing holes.
3. Continue installation from Step 4 to 8 from the Installation Guide (Section A).
- Fixing bolts x2
Cam fixing bolt x1
Coloured inserts x5
Smart card only
Smart card or keypad
Smart card or keypad
NetCode keypad only
NetCode keypad or smart card
Change the Master Code
It is recommended that the default factory set Master Code, 11223344, is changed. Please note that once changed, you will need to substitute your own Master Code shown in the examples.
# Master Code • 01 • New Master Code • New Master Code ••
Example: #11223344 • 01 • 22334455 • 22334455 ••
Result: Master Code changed to 22334455.
Set or Change the User Code
Note: Lock supplied with default User Code 1234. It is recommended to change on set up.
#Master Code • 03 • User Code Position • User Code ••
Example: #11223344 • 03 • 01 • 1455 ••
Result: New User Code 1455 has been added to position 01.
Should the batteries fail, the lock can be opened using the Master Code and a PP3 battery:
1. Place the + positive contact of the battery against the contact point of the Red LED and the -
negative contact point of the battery against the contact point of the Blue LED.
2. Enter the Master Code.
3. The lock will open.
4. Replace the batteries and refit the lock.
© 2019 Codelocks Ltd. All rights reserved.