KL1100 Keypad - Installation Instructions & Template
Please read carefully:
Before installing the lock, familiarise yourself with the operation instructions suited to your KL1100 model, instructions can be found at: www.codelockssupport.com
Your KitLock is supplied with the powered latch in the unlocked position. If you are installing without loading the batteries, the lock will remain unlocked.
The lock is supplied ready to fit doors up to 25mm (1”) thick. It is designed for new installations. If replacing an existing key cam lock, the hole may be left exposed by the positioning of the powered latch. A cover plate can be used to hide the hole. Ensure the plate does not increase the door thickness to over 25mm (1”).
- Front Plate x 1
- Latch x 1
- Foam Gasket x 1
- Fixing Screws x 2
- Latch Keep/Strike x 1
- The powered Latch Unit is supplied handed to suit a cabinet door with hinges on the right. The latch can be reversed to suit left hand hung doors.
a) To reverse the latch, remove the central screw (A) and lift the powered latch, turn through 180 degrees. You must ensure that the cables do not get trapped at the sides or over any fixing hole when replacing and securing the latch. Apply the self-adhesive gasket to the back of the KL1100, with the 8mm (5/16”) hole centred on the top fixing hole.
- Remove screw (B) and remove the battery cover. This exposes the top fixing hole.
- Place your Latch Unit against the inside of the door to determine the position of the latch, allowing for any rebated frame and the strike plate if required. Mark the top fixing hole through the battery compartment and bottom fixing hole through the Latch Unit.
- Apply the template with the top fixing centred over the marked hole. Mark the combined lower fixing and cable hole.
- Using a 6mm (1/4”) drill bit, drill the top fixing hole. Drill a 22mm (7/8”) hole for the cable and lower fixing bolt. Drill from both sides of the door to avoid splitting the door face.
- Place the Latch Unit against the door and insert one fixing bolt fully through the top fixing hole and door.
- Count the number of threaded break-off sections projecting through the door, only one break off section can enter the KL1100.
a) If necessary, cut or break off excess sections using the cutting jaws on a pair of pliers.
NOTE: Bolt length should be door thickness plus no more than 13mm (1/2”).
- Remove the latch section of the Latch Unit and unplug the latch power cable from the battery compartment.
- Aligning both the Latch Unit and KL1100 with the fixing holes, thread the control cable on the KL1100 through the lower fixing hole in the door and into the Latch Unit.
- Insert the top fixing bolt through the top hole on the Latch Unit and attach the KL1100.
- Connect the control cable to the socket on the bottom edge of the Latch Unit battery section. Take care to insert the connector correctly to avoid damaging the connector pins.
- Re-connect the latch power cable to the latch socket on the bottom edge of the Latch Unit battery section and re-fit the latch. Take care to avoid trapping the cables.
- Insert the lower fixing bolt and tighten.
- Secure the KL1100 and Latch Unit together using the two fixing bolts, making sure the control cable isn’t pinched or trapped between the face of the door and the edge of the cable hole. Excess cable should be fed back through to the back plate.
- If fitting the strike plate, you will need to power up the lock to ensure that it engages without binding, and allows the powered latch to self-close.
- If you are ready to initialize your KL1100, install the 4 x AA cell batteries supplied and using Screw (B), re attached the battery cover.
- Proceed with the operating instructions suited to your KL1100 model at: www.codelockssupport.com. If you have already programmed the lock before installing, your settings and any registered users will remain programmed. If the Time and Date has been previously set, this will need to be set again. Any previously set Auto-Unlock at a Set Time will remain programmed.
When printing templates, check your print settings to make sure that the template is printed at 100% of the actual size.
Once printed, check the measurements on the template with a ruler before drilling your door or cabinet.
© 2020 Codelocks Ltd. All rights reserved.
KL1100 RFID - Installation Instructions & Template
INSTALLATION Please read carefully: Before installing the lock, familiarise yourself with the operation instructions suited to your KL1100 model, instructions can be found at: www.codelockssupport.com Your KitLock is supplied with the powered latch ...
KL1000 G3 - Installation Template
Important! When printing templates, check your print settings to make sure that the template is printed at 100% of the actual size. Once printed, check the measurements on the template with a ruler before drilling your door or cabinet. Open ...
KL1500 - Installation Instructions
Special Notes Please read carefully: Before installing the lock, install the batteries and familiarise yourself with the operation and programming. The handle will not turn until you enter the factory default code: Master Code 11 22 33 44 or the User ...
CL400 - Installation Instructions
Features • Medium-duty mechanical locks with full size lever handles. • Code Free Access mode by pressing the ‘Y’ code free button after entering the code (CL415 and CL425 only). Reset by pressing the ‘Y’ button and then the ‘C’ button. • Inside ...
CL4000 - Installation Instructions
Box Contents Check the contents of the box are correct according to the model Tools Required This box should also contain an Installation Template and Programming and Operating Instructions. Power Drill Drill bits 5010 10 (3⁄8") & 25mm (1") Drill ...