The maximum door thickness when using the Slam Latch is 20mm (3/4”). Before installation, familiarise yourself with the operation and programming of the KitLock being fitted to the Slam Latch.
Note A 2mm (5/64”) Allen Key is required for installation.
1. Remove the mounting plate from the Slam Latch by unscrewing the 4 fixing bolts.
2. Use the mounting plate as a template for the latch position and place it on the inside face of the door as dictated by the door frame. Mark the 16mm (5/8”) spindle hole and top 6mm (1/4”) fixing hole.
Important When positioning your Slam Latch, take into account any rebate, strike plate or frame that the door closes against, leaving a gap of between 2mm (5/64”) and 4mm (5/32”) from the latch body.
3. Drill the 16mm (5/8”) spindle fixing hole and the 6mm (1/6”) fixing hole.
4. Choose the spindle to suit your door thickness. The spindle fitted should project by a minimum of 17mm (5/8”) and a maximum of 23mm (7/8”) from the inside face of the door. Note This may be different to the spindle length suggested in the KitLock’s Installation Instructions.
5. Fit the KitLock to the door by passing the spindle through the 16mm (5/8”) hole in the door and the mounting plate. Secure with the locking nut. Fit the upper fixing bolt with washer to suit your door thickness.
6. Fit the Slam Latch to the mounting plate with the 4 fixing bolts. Enter the KitLock’s Master Code, or User Code, and turn the handle to check the latch retracts. Release the handle checking the latch and handle spring back.
7. If using a strike plate, mount this to the frame to receive the latch, ensuring the latch engages freely, yet securely.